The “SMARTA 2 – Demonstrators” project will design, pilot and assess smart, shared mobility solutions interconnected with public transport in four rural areas of Europe: East Tyrol (Austria), Trikala (Greece), Águeda (Portugal) and Brasov (Romania). The type of services to be piloted (i.e. carpooling, carsharing and e-bike sharing) will be customized to each rural area’s geographical features, populations and mobility challenges . All piloted solutions will be assessed under the SMARTA evaluation framework. The results of the study will help explore how sustainable shared rural mobility can be best promoted across Europe, and a set of practical recommendations will be developed thereafter.
More specifically the partners will:
- Analyse the current mobility landscape in Águeda, Brasov, East Tyrol and Trikala.
- Prepare the ground and set-up smart shared mobility services in the -areas, following a participatory approach.
- Organise targeted communication campaigns and develop behavioural incentives to support the uptake of the services by the locals.
- Monitor and evaluate the pilots’ operation and performance through dedicated data collection methods.
- Explore why each demonstrator worked (or not) and share good practices and lessons learnt.
- Develop the SMARTA2 toolkit that will encourage the uptake of sustainable solutions for shared rural mobility across Europe.