SKILLBILL’s overall objective is to develop a large and strong foundation for the growth and acceleration of renewable energy’s deployment, thanks to engaging with stakeholders of the whole chain, diffusing scientific culture and skilling multi-level workers. The basic idea underling the project is that the knowledge should be diffused at several different levels and qualitatively appropriate both to train the adequate number of workers and to increase RES awareness and to reach a more social and inclusive Europe.
The project aims at creating several pathways to induce target groups to get interested or involved in RES besides their initial level of education and their working position: the technological RES potential can be reached by increasing hard and soft skills of potential users and stakeholders, developing interest in the topic and having clear tools and learning modules using suitable language. Apart from the creation of instruments for upskilling and reskilling of workers, it is important to have awareness raising modules in order to fight ignorance, fake news, gender gap and functional illiteracy. It is widely documented that lifelong suitable learning process is the fundamental driver to support the development, maintenance and update of skills.
SKILLBILL proposes concrete actions to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy at different levels:
- Stakeholder community engagement
- Knowledge sharing and peer learning
- Skilling, upskilling, reskilling
- analyse and involve all the interested parties in open discussion using adequate language.
- create several different pathways to increase skills after having mapped knowledge gap without gender prejudice.
- develop and implement innovative learning methods.
- evaluate the work performed.
- Leader for setting-up and coordinating four working groups, which will focus on solar energy, biofuels, wind energy and fuels cells and storage, organizing meeting and workshops and reporting on results
- Leader in social impact assessment of the project’s interventions in higher education, in vocational training programmes, in green portal (created by the project) and also in stakeholders’ joint initiative