MPowerBIO is aimed at setting up and implementing a capacity building programme for 90 SME clusters (foreseeing the organisation of 10 ‘train-the-trainers’ events throughout Europe), along with an integrated business support programme for 350 selected SMEs from clusters’ networks, empowering clusters to raise awareness and improve the investment readiness and pitching skills of their SMEs. The project will also build links with investors and directly connect investment-ready SMEs identified and supported at regional competitions with expert coaches, investors, and business partners.
Online training modules and regional trainers’ events will assist clusters to train their SME members and give them the best possibilities for preparing and presenting high-quality projects to investors. The best SME projects from these events will be selected by investors and invited to one of two European finals. At the finals, the selected companies will present their ideas to a panel of investors and experts from large organisations and venture capital funds in Europe, to attract capital to grow and develop their business. Overall, 72 high investment-ready SMEs are expected to pitch at the two final events. The project will screen and support 250 SMEs towards this goal.
- Overall responsible for the identification of existing investment sources, as well as the analysis of their requirements.
- Overall responsible for the analysis of available and missing skills of trainers in SME clusters, as to their capacity to support SMEs that develop innovative bio-based technologies, products and/or services to improve their investment readiness.
- Contribution to the design and deployment of the capacity building and business support programmes.
- Support the engagement and collaboration with SME clusters throughout Europe.
- Responsible for the delivery of certain training modules.
- Contribution to the impact assessment.
- Promotion of the project’s activities through its wide national and European networks.