InnORBIT will empower innovation intermediaries (clusters, digital innovation hubs, SME associations, etc.) to set-up and run sustainable local initiatives for incentivising and supporting space innovation, assuming the role of space hubs within their innovation ecosystems. Focus is given on South-Eastern and Central-Eastern European countries with vibrant tech ecosystems and industry verticals with great potential for contributing to the commercialisation of space. InnORBIT will support at least 50 start-ups and scale-ups to grow and commercialise their space solutions via 20 sustainable and effective initiatives.
More specifically the partners will:
- Map the targeted innovation ecosystems, framework conditions and opportunities.
- Identify needs and challenges for supporting and taking up/growing space activities.
- Co-design and develop demand driven capacity building programmes for the innovation intermediaries and business support programmes for entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups.
- Develop a digital toolbox offering a suite of digital tools and services to provide pan-European access to InnORBIT’s ecosystems, stimulate traction for their activities and facilitate the work of their members.
- Support the generation of local initiatives for supporting start-ups and scale-ups growth via space innovation.
- Develop business models and plans for safeguarding the sustainability of the initiatives generated.
- Establish synergies with complementary initiatives at EU level.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of project activities, results, and lessons learnt, and facilitate post-project exploitation and the sustainability of the project.