This EC Tender (DG Information Society & Media, Networked Enterprise & RFID Unit – D4) was launched in December 2006. The strategic aim of this European study was to facilitate the networking and contribute to the understanding of how to create better synergies between European, national, and regional ICT research / innovation policies and programmes in four key e-business research areas:
- Collaborative Business Networks,
- Digital Ecosystems for Business Innovation,
- Enterprise Interoperability, and
- Ambient Intelligence Technologies for the Product Lifecycle,
Plus to improve the impact of the research efforts in Europe and to reinforce the enterprise competitiveness.
The specific objectives include the following:
- analysis of the main European, national and regional funded research and deployment ICT policies/initiatives and ongoing Networked Enterprise FP6 research projects;
- identification of national and regional representatives from the public sector, national/regional decision makers, as well as ‘knowledge hubs’ and launch of discussions;
- organisation of policy / ERA Coordination workshops on the identified key areas;
- identification of good practices and recommended actions to promote improved co-ordination at European, national and regional level.
The activities covered all EU Member States (EU27) and Turkey.