Dandelion promoted the work carried out under EU-funded projects in the field of “inclusive, Innovative and Reflective Societies” at a local, regional and European level by developing and implementing a series of innovative and exciting communication activities aiming to inform, educate and entertain. A series of creative actions targeting the different audiences were deployed, aiming to close the gap between researchers and larger public.
More specifically, the partners:
- Analysed the research work of completed and on-going EU-funded research projects in the field of “Inclusive, Innovative and Reflective societies” to highlight the knowledge ‘offering’ deriving from them and improve access to research findings;
- Created a “consultation mechanism” in the form of an “Advisory Board” of external experts contributing to the analysis of the scientific knowledge deriving from EU-funded research;
- Developed short but concise documents focusing on key socio-economic topics highlighting the work of EU-funded projects towards policy makers and academics (Policy Briefs) and the wider public (Fact Sheets);
- Offered advanced communication services to on-going (and future) EU-funded projects in the targeted field, organising in a professional way their communication strategy and raising the skills of European scientists in terms of their dissemination practices through “Social Media Games”, BarCamps and thematically-dedicated “charrettes”;
- Created sustainable multidisciplinary Communities to enhance the visibility of EU-funded projects in the targeted field and facilitated dialogue on the exploitation of their research findings for the design of research agendas (thematic workshops and networking events at both European and national level, e-conferences, collaborative platform, social media, etc.);
- Ensured the proper dissemination of project activities, results and lessons learnt, and facilitated the post-project exploitation and sustainability of the project.