BIOVOICES aimed at engaging all relevant stakeholder groups “voices” (policy makers, researchers, the business community and the civil society) in order to address societal, environmental and economic challenges related to bio-based products and applications.
The platform developed by BIOVOICES built on the concept of Mobilisation & Mutual Learning Platforms (MML) and methods developed previously in European projects with the ultimate objective of delivering an Action Plan addressing the challenges of raising awareness and engaging with citizens on bio-based products.
The main objectives of the BIOVOICES project were to:
- Define a framework for MML by reviewing barriers and opportunities for the development of bio-based value chains, identifying stakeholders and expected benefits from mutual learning and mapping bio-based products based on stakeholders’ interests;
- Launch the BIOVOICES multi-stakeholders’ community and social platform to support and enable discussion, workshops, mobilization and mutual learning events;
- Improve framework conditions for new bio-based market opportunities including action plans and processes, by being involved in more than 50 co-creation events, at European, National and Regional level attracting at least 2.840 experts;
- Transform the experience of the BIOVOICES community in Actionable Knowledge for the different stakeholders, publishing recommendations and policy briefs (at least four) to address the challenges related to the bioeconomy;
- Ensure that the BIOVOICES outcomes would have an impact on the different stakeholders, though an early impact, dissemination, communication and exploitation strategy.