High Added Value Soft Actions Facilitating Participation of NMS & ACC and INCO Organisations in FP7-IST through the Innovative Use of the Concept of “Grid Computing” (Contract No 045069)
European Commission – DG INSFO
January 2007 – October 2008
EC funding 850.000 €
Mr Iakovos Delioglanis – +30 2310 411 191, firstname.lastname@example.org
HAGRID was a highly innovative FP6 European Project aiming at implementing new methodologies and tools which are expected to boost the participation of committed newcomers – beginners in FP7-IST and create a long lasting effect – well beyond the lifetime of the project.
HAGRID mission was triple:
- to enhance the capacity of European organisations and networks, which currently provide support and facilitate participation in the European Framework Programmes.
- to multiply the impact of existing and future similar European Specific Support Actions by acting as facilitator,
- to motivate and activate in FP7-IST European and INCO countries organisations that (can) have the capacity to successfully participate in FP7-IST, and
HAGRID provided an innovative Single Point of Access (SPOA) solution to newcomers and beginners in FP7-ICT. HAGRID achieved:
- To exploit the potential synergies between the more than 20 actual and future EU-funded accompanying actions (SSAs) supporting participation in ICT research, for the benefit of European and INCO organisations interested in participating in FP7-IST.
- To provide added value services tailored to the needs of any interested organisation.
To accomplish its aim HAGRID:
- Provided a number of e-Services to European SMEs and research organisations
- Optimised and deployed a set of Advanced Services (PR Research Profiles, Research Action Plans and Tailored Training Courses) to enhance the capacity of European SMEs & research organisations particularly from NMS and Turkey
- Implemented a set of capacity reinforcement
HAGRID was elaborated within 21 months by a multidisciplinary consortium consisted of 14 European partners from 11 European countries (incl. Turkey) and paved the way to the creation of the new generation of similar SSAs under FP7.
Download the HAGRID brochure.
- Project Management / Coordination
- WP Leader for: WP1 Project Management, WP3 Collaboration Activities with Similar Projects, WP4 Service Development, WP7 Service Provision and Service responsible for ‘Research Action Plans.
- Organisation of info-day / workshops / training courses
- Responsible for the provision of project Advanced Services (Networking Plans (& PR Research Profiles), Research Action Plans, Training Courses) to organisations from the respective country (-ies)
- Elaboration of the (i) specifications and operational functionalities of the project advanced e-services and tools (ii) initial specs / requirements for all services.
- Overall responsible for the communication and collaboration with similar projects.
- Elaboration of the final portal design and development of the main content of the website.