Developing Information Technologies and Labour Market Information in Lifelong Guidance study
(Service Contract Nr. 2015-0151/AO/DLE/PMDFON/ICT_and_LMI_in_Guidance/010/15)
The aim of this study is to promote the development of a knowledge base and structured knowledge exchange in ICT and LMI usage in career guidance and counselling. In order to achieve this objective, several actions will be taken, summarised in the following:
- Development of a comprehensive and accessible knowledge base of relevant practices and methodologies, which can be available to practitioners and managers, in the shape of an interactive EU-level inventory
- Development of a handbook for structured knowledge exchange and transfer between countries concerning ICT and LMI practices in integrated lifelong guidance services
- Enabling structured exchange of good practices aiming at adaptation across distinct institutional and cultural environments
- Development of training modules/learning activities aimed at supporting national level multipliers (practitioners and/or managers) in the development of transferable practitioners’ skills, competences and knowledge in ICT and LMI related areas
- Implementation of the LMI toolkits for practitioners and clients developed in the CEDOFOP’s study “LMI in lifelong guidance”, guaranteeing their adaptation to specific national/local contexts.
The methodology developed for implementing the above includes among others literature review, inventorisation of practices and methods, field visits and interviews, case studies development, validation workshops and peer-learning events.
Q-PLAN leads the consortium of the study that consists of the following partners:
- Q-PLAN (project manager)
- Wes Research and Strategy
- Empirica GmbH