Self-management interventions and mutual assistance community services, helping patients with dementia and caregivers connect with others for evaluation, support and inspiration to improve the care experience” (GA No 690211)
European Commission – DG CONNECT
HORIZON 2020 – “Health, demographic change and wellbeing”
January 2016 – December 2018 (36 months)
Mr Dimitrios Daskalakis – +30 2310 411 191, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Evaggelia Tsagaraki – +30 2310 411 191, email@example.com
CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD is a Research and Innovation project aiming to create an mHealth application for patients with mild mental disorder (MMD) and their caregivers that will provide value-added services, based on social networks, tailored interventions, clinical strategies and gamification, in order to improve quality of life, well-being and medication compliance both for patients and caregivers.
To achieve its objectives, the CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD consortium will:
- Define Social and clinical screening services and educational intervention strategies for patients and caregivers and extend and adapt an existing platform to integrate the new features and contents and to enhance its usability for patients (with cognitive impairment or mild dementia), caregivers and doctors.
- Develop and enhance social network services, treatment adherence services for both patients and caregivers, clinical and social reports services and gamification strategies to motivate end-users to use the platform.
- Carry out a usability study of the new version of CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD platform with focus groups and small-scale patient trials.
- Organise an 18-month piloting phase with 600 dyads (patients and caregivers) in Italy, Spain, UK and France to collect data and feedback from end-users and update the CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD platform accordingly, to improve the effects of the platform on the users’ health and well-being.
- Analyse business exploitation perspectives of CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD and prepare the ground for its pan-European commercial roll-out.
Some of the substantial social and financial benefits expected by CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD project are the following:
- Personalised care plans and changes monitoring, allowing for fast adjustment.
- Continuous and easy monitoring of patients, reducing necessary time spent. Support by professionals to manage carer’s well-being. Reduced stress and burn-out
- Reduced time spent by professionals on administration, including data collection on patients and caregivers well-being. Decision support for treatment options.
- Better understanding on elderly user evolution, behavioural changes and social participation. Intervention that facilitates monitoring, interaction and patient engagement in society.
- Reduced hospitalisations of patients and caregivers and delayed need for patients to enter care homes.
- Business modeling and planning
- Support screening & interventions contents
- Support platform enhancement and design adaptation
- Support IT development and integration
- Support pilot preparation, operation and data evaluation
- Leader of dissemination and communication activities