Responsible Research and Innovation Ecosystems at Regional Scale for Intelligent Cities, Transport and Energy (GA No 872526)
European Commission – Research Executive Agency (REA)
H2020 – Science with and for Society
1 January 2020 – 31 December 2022 (36 months)
Mrs. Margarita Angelidou – +30 2310 411 191, email@example.com
RRI2SCALE aims to support European Regional Authorities in developing and implementing successful regional Research and Innovation (R&I) policies that spearhead sustainable development and economic growth, while simultaneously advancing inclusiveness and quality of life. To this end, RRI2SCALE designs, implements and validates a robust methodological approach to assist the EU’s R&I authorities to effectively and sustainably promote the development and implementation of responsible and inclusive policies in the domains that citizens care for the most, namely intelligent cities, transport and energy as key drivers for regional sustainable development. Four EU Regions [Hordaland (NO), Overijssel (NL), Kriti (GR) and Galicia (ES)] are participating in the pilot activities of the project, toward developing more responsible R&I agendas.
- Q-PLAN will leverage its expertise in regional innovation policies and foresight studies to lead the activities aiming at exploring the future of territorial R&I, namely:
- the identification of emerging territorial trends, drivers & potential impacts of future R&I
- the validation of the techno-moral scenarios with several citizens and stakeholders
- the synthesis of the knowledge, experiences and insights obtained through the project to assure the sustainability of the RRI2SCALE results
- the monitoring of the participating regions’ progress towards addressing its regional dilemmas
Moreover, Q-PLAN supports the design and implementation of the pilot activities of the Region of Crete.