Bridging Consumers, Brands and Bio Based Industry to improve the market of sustainable bio-based products (GA No 792236)
BIOBRIDGES aims at boosting the marketability of bio-based products (BBPs) by establishing close cooperation and partnership between bio-based industries, brand owners and consumers’ representatives. The ultimate goal is to stimulate and support the active engagement of and interaction among all stakeholders (including local communities and local authorities) and improve market acceptance of BBPs.
BIOBRIDGES will design and implement replicable methodologies, procedures and good practices supporting multistakeholders’ interaction, leading to new cross-sector partnerships. Main activities will be:
- Identify the cooperation challenges among consumers, brand owners and bio-based industries
- Create a sustainable multi-stakeholder community involving consumer representatives, bio-based industries and brand owners from different bio-based economy clusters and stimulate dialogue and cooperation
- Following a co-creation approach, increase consumers’ and brand owners’ awareness, confidence and trust on the benefits of BBPs compared to the fossil-based counterparts,
- Support the establishment of at least 2 new cross-cutting interconnections in bio-based economy clusters and define replicable procedures and good practices leading to the establishment of new cross-sector partnerships and business opportunities
- Stimulate the multi-stakeholder discussion toward pre-and co-normative research, new standardisation/labelling and emerging co-creation models (B2B and B2C).
At the end of the project, at least 2 new cross-sector interconnections in bio-based economy cluster will be established, while the foundations for the creation of new ones based on the arguments, best practices and recommendations deriving from the project will be formed.
The BIOBRIDGES consortium merges a variety of complementary expertise, aiming to build a consistent multi-actor approach integrating 9 partners already involve in other projects like BIOWAYS, BIOVoices and BIOSTEP.
- Identification and analysis of the cooperation challenges among consumers, brand-owners and bio-based industries
- Contribution to the development of the material and tools for the co-creation activities aiming to increase consumers’, brand owners’ and industries’ awareness, confidence and trust on the benefits of BBPs
- Contribution to monitor the project’s progress communication programme towards the expected objectives and impacts
- Organisation of events in Greece
- Overall responsible for the establishment of the project’s Advisory Board
- Promotion of the project’s activities and findings through its wide national and European networks