Increase public awareness of bio-based products and applications supporting the growth of the European bioeconomy (GA No 720762)
BIOWAYS, aims to meet the need for better communication, promotion and diffusion of new bio-based products and applications and fuller explanation of their benefits, targeting society at large. The project intends to raise public awareness of bio-based products potential, promote their applications and benefits as well as to provide the means for anyone with an interest in this domain to be able to follow ongoing developments in the industry and research. By increasing public confidence in the bio-based industry, through clear, attractive and accessible science-based facts and data, more bio-based products and applications will be used, which will have a huge and positive impact on society, the economy and the environment. In order to attain this ambitious challenge, the BIOWAYS project proposes providing a wide range of integrated, high level activities and tools with recognized added value for communication programmes, having EU Citizens as their main target.
Following this vision, the strategic objectives of the BIOWAYS project are to:
- Understand the characteristics and potential of bio-based products and applications
- Enhance the visibility of bio-based products and applications
- Encourage discussion about the potential of the bio-based economy for society and contribute to awareness of it and its promotion
- Increase awareness and knowledge of how bio-based products are used and the overall interest of young students in the bio-based economy at large
Tools being developed to achieve this, include an innovative online collaboration platform and social network, an accessible library of bio-based products, the development of training materials, social hack days, co-creation workshops, an eConference, BarCamps and thematic Charettes.
- Analysis of the bio-based products current and future market potential and their applications
- Analysis of the public perception of bio-based products
- Contribution to the development of the training material and tools to increase awareness on bio-based products application potential
- Contribution to monitor the project’s progress communication programme towards the expected objectives and impacts
- Organisation of events in Greece
- Promotion of the project’s activities and findings through its wide national and European networks